Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Winding Road

We may take the same route to work, eating the same food, and doing the same thing from day to day, unconsciously. Can't we do something different to make life more exciting? Here is a route that I take almost every day, to work, to catch a bus, to the campus, and the list goes on. Even though it's the same old route, the scenery changes with the seasons. The most amusing sight is spotted during the winter, of course!

This is the so-called shortcut, which located behind my apartment. It connects the parking lot at my apartment to the backyard of a house, situated on the adjacent street. Strictly speaking, it's considered trespassing to walk on someone else's backyard. Nevertheless, it has become a norm for people to walk across this narrow creek on a wooden bridge, on a daily basis.





To make things more interesting, this is how it looks after a major snowfall. Surprisingly, there's always someone who clear the path to ease the walk. I don't suppose it's the homeowner of our neighbour. He must be annoyed that the neighbours are walking on his property. Whoever that person is, I really appreciate his time and effort put into clearing the path. Maybe one day, I'll get up early enough to check out who's doing such a great job.





A familiar route covered in snow,
try to recall the path I know.
Winding road that knows no end,
here I come with a wild attempt.

Life is like a box of chocolates,
full of unexpected surprises.
You never know what you're gonna get,
just pray and hope for the best.

No comments:

Custom Search