Friday, December 05, 2008

Mandarin Palace

After living in Fredericton for more than five years now, there's a Chinese restaurant in town that I've yet to visit. The Mandarin Palace Restaurant on Lincoln Road! It's accessible via the bus route, which is rather convenient for those who don't own a car (a.k.a. myself).

Four of us went there for supper and ordered four different dishes to share.


The Cantonese stir-fry noodles.


Steamed sea bass fillet with ginger and green onions.


The famous spicy Szechuan dish, Ma Po Tofu.


Stir-fry Yu Choy (green choy sum) with beef.


We enjoyed our meal, but found it a bit pricey (ranging from $12 to $17 per dish). The final bill turned out to be $20 each person. I started missing those dishes that I could get from home, again. A seafood meal will be awesome! Lobsters, crabs, giant shrimps, and my ultimate favourite, taro pot with sauteed mixed vegetables. Yummm....

Having said that, these Chinese dishes are well prepared and I'd certainly recommend Mandarin Palace to those who appreciate authentic Chinese cuisine!

No comments:

Custom Search