Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chinese Cuisine

I certainly have lots to say about the fabulous one week trip to Calgary, Alberta. Great friendships, spectacular views, wonderful places, and delicious cuisines!

On my first night in Calgary, Julian & Annie brought me to a Chinese Restaurant for late supper. Yes, late supper at 12:30 a.m.! They waited for me at the airport and didn't have supper earlier.


Top left: beef with snow peas and water chestnuts. Bottom left: flat nice noodles with beef. Right: kailan veggie with salted fish.

My friendship story continues... I met up with my ex-classmate from UNB who is now studying at the University of Alberta, Edmonton. We went to a Chinese Restaurant in Edmonton in a group of five. Here are some of the dishes we had:

Loh Hon Zai, the mixed vegetable dish.

The so-called Sze Chuan beef, with onions, green and red peppers. It has the texture of the typical Gu Lou meat (fried pork) dish.

No comments:

Custom Search