Thursday, January 01, 2009

Meals in One Day

I've been having good food and great time in Calgary thus far. Wondering what I had on my last day in Calgary? Julian & Annie almost ran out of idea where to bring me. Finally, we visited the Crave bakery shop in Kensington Road. The moist and delicious cupcakes are offered in large or mini size, in either vanilla or chocolate, and topped with a variety of butter cream icing as toppings (e.g. blue vanilla, green lime, chocolate etc.). These cupcakes were heavenly!!

Having said that, the cupcakes were too sweet for me. Perhaps one third of the amount of icing would suffice. I've to admit that the cupcakes are moist and tasty nonetheless. Apparently, the bakery employees work from 5 a.m. till 12 p.m. There's no guarantee that there's any cupcake left after noon time. Please be sure to be there early to avoid disappointment!


A dozen of assorted mini cupcakes nicely packed in a plastic container with a brown ribbon.


Next, we had some Southeast Asian food at the Sungate Cafe nearby. They offered some Thai and Malaysian/Singaporean dishes. The food wasn't the best but it was good enough to satisfy my cravings for Malaysian food.

From left: Spicy Chicken Sub, Hot & Sour Seafood Tom Yum Soup, and Chicken Rendang Rice.


Hmm....what was next? For my farewell supper, we had steamboat (or less commonly Chinese fondue) buffet in a group of seven at a Chinese restaurant. For $22.95 per adult, we ordered food ranging from sliced lamb, beef, chicken, fish, pork, shrimps, squids, tofu, vegetables, etc. We then cooked the food in the hot pot on the gas stoves available right in front of our eyes. It was a big meal and everyone was stuffed at the end... I can easily skip my breakfast & lunch the next day...

Cooking the food in the hot pot containing boiling water. Spices were added for a flavourful soup base.

The largest "fresh" oyster I've ever had! Nonetheless, it tasted quite bad compared to those delicious fresh oysters I prepared with the shells still on!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

where's my cupcakes??


P.S -> I love ur blog!

Adeline said...

hehe...let's go Calgary and get some;) Welcome back to my blog!

Custom Search