Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When Troubles Come

Isn't it frustrating when you can't find something that you're searching so hard for, especially when you knew that you had it put away?! At that instant, I wished all my belongings were tagged and can be located by a personal GPS device. Wouldn't that be a perfect world to live in?

Even before GPS becomes popular, I had this little dream of creating an inventory list which includes all the information I need for my belongings: date of purchase, value, place of storage etc. In case I can't find anything that I'm looking for, I can just go through the list and find it right away (provided that I don't lose my inventory list)! How wonderful would that be?

With the technology advancement of GPS, perhaps we can come up with something more sophisticated. Put a little tag on all my belongings and store their personal information in my GPS device. When this machinery for information technology becomes available, I'll never ever have to suffer from the annoyance of losing my things!!

The reality is that, when I fail to locate my belongings after a painful search (usually 30 minutes to an hour), I stop searching. It's not that I'm giving up, but to give myself a break from the frustration. Believe it or not, the "lost" item will usually appear after a couple of days. So, the trick is to be patient and allow some time for memory recovery.

Believe it or not, this is the time when I need Doraemon (the amazing Japanese cartoon character) the most!



No comments:

Custom Search