Monday, November 24, 2008

Let It Snow...Let It Snow...Let It Snow...

I'll never forget the excitement I had when I experienced snow for the first time! Of course, the natural snowing is different from the artificial snow house I visited when I was little.


The snowfall in October, 2003.



The first day of snow in Fredericton this year happened last Wednesday (November 19th). More snow last Saturday (November 22nd)!


The winter view from my apartment.


I always look forward to the snow in winter. My mindset will probably change when I own a car and have to drive around in the harsh winter days :P I enjoy skating, even though I'm not a great skater. And of course, skiing! Downhill skiing particularly. The scenic view from the mountain top, the thrill of maneuvering the skis, and the cold rush of wind as I make my way down the mountain (smoothly, hopefully). If I don't? Oh well, it's just another learning opportunity. Get up when you fall. Otherwise? You're stuck in the middle of nowhere, miss out the chance to explore new terrain, and fail to enjoy loads of fun and excitement that await you!





Similarly, we fall and stumble in life. We might get bruises when we fall from skiing, but they come and go; just like mistakes we made that are forgivable. Avoid falling on hard surfaces and sharp edges to keep away from serious injuries. It's comparable to some major faults we commit in life that can be no turning back. We want to refrain from doing that by all means. Nonetheless, no matter how hard we fall, just bear in mind that it's not the end of the world. Move on and thrive through the challenges. Soar like an eagle!

No comments:

Custom Search