Wednesday, September 17, 2008

East Side Mario's


The Knowledge Park (accross from Regent Mall) in Fredericton is a booming area. By the end of this past summer, there are numerous newly established businesses, such as Home Depot, Michaels's (craft store), Dollarama, Winners, Montana's Restaurant etc., and not to forget, the East Side Mario's!

What brought me here? Well, I heard the commercial on radio over and over again, and people who have been there really liked it. Hmm... with an adventurous attitude as usual, I'm gonna have to try out this restaurant that people have been talking about!

It was about 15 minutes wait on a Wednesday evening. We were there at 5:30 p.m. Apparently, it was really crowded it was first opened, about two weeks ago.

Fresh and tasty garlic bread loaf served with butter. I wished it'd be more crunchy though, and taste best with cream of mushroom soup, yumm...


This is my garden salad that comes with my main course. It's quite a generous serving. With some parmesan cheese and ground black pepper sprinkled on top, it's delicious!


Here comes my main dish, the linguine chicken tettrazini ($14.99). It's served with seasoned chicken breast, roasted mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, and creamy Alfredo sauce (claimed to be deliciously trans fat-free on menu). It's very tasty and filling for me. However, for guys, maybe they'd appreciate a bigger portion.


The Tuscan Chicken Salad ($11.99), an entree salad that my friend ordered. It includes grilled seasoned chicken breast, navel orange slices, julienned figs, red onions, mixed greens tossed in balsamic vinaigrette and topped with toasted walnuts and goat cheese. It looks appetizing!

Overall, it was an enjoyable meal and I wouldn't mind a second visit :) Nevertheless, I find it a bit pricy, and I'd prefer what the Old Spaghetti Factory has to offer, in terms of servings and ambience.

No comments:

Custom Search